GLOBUS 2022: Toasting & Coasting: Portugal & Spain By Design (FS)
9 days from Lisbon to Lisbon
- A joyful journey through Portugal and Spain.
- A flexible itinerary that offers colorful culture, picturesque plazas, Spanish stallions and fiery Flamenco!
- Included YourChoice Excursions in Algarve and Jerez.
- Ole! On Overload
Call (441) 295-3815 for more information or to book today! Mention code 15833191
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2021
- 9 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Lisbon||Welcome to Lisbon! At 6 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions for a welcome dinner at a local restaurant. (D)|
|Day 2||Lisbon||LISBON Guided sightseeing includes a photo stop at Belem Tower and the Monument to the Discoveries.CASCAIS Free time to browse and for lunch, followed by a scenic drive along the coast.CABO DA ROCA See breathtaking views from the westernmost point of continental Europe.QUELUZ Visit the Palace of Queluz. (B)|
|Day 3||Algarve||EVORA Guided sightseeing includes Sao Francisco Church and the Ossuary Chapel. (B)|
|Day 4||Algarve||ALGARVE YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:GAZE: On Top of the Algarve Discover highlights along the West Algarve's coast with a guided tour of Cape St. Vincent, Lagos, and Sagres. See historic artifacts, monuments, and churches, and drive through traditional fishing villages that line the coast. Top it off with a picture-perfect viewpoint atop a Sagres cliffside. FLOAT: Coves, Caves & Cliffs Along the scenic route between Marina Portimao to Benagil, enjoy the beautiful seascapes of the Algarve coast. Explore its coves and caves with a 2-hour catamaran cruise. You'll be awed by the sight of spectacular rock formations, dramatic coastal cliffs, and mysterious caves on this comfortable Algarve sail. PEDAL: Algarve On Two Wheels Explore the culture and history of the Algarve with a leisurely bike ride through its ancient and winding streets. Ride through its medieval center and discover breathtaking scenery and lesser-known, hidden local gems(B)|
|Day 5||Jerez||SEVILLE Orientation walk and free time.JEREZ Dinner at local restaurant with Flamenco show. (B,D)|
|Day 6||Jerez||JEREZ Orientation tour. YourChoice Excursions include one of the following activities of your choice:DELVE: Horse Around Enjoy a two-hour visit to the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art. Observe training sessions in the indoor arena and visit the Royal School facilities, Saddlery, Palace State Rooms, Gardens, Museum of Equestrian Art, and Carriage Museum. Take a guided tour of the Stables and Tack Room for insight into this historic facility preserving the world's ancient Spanish lineage of the magnificent Andalusian Cartujano horse. STROLL: Palms & Pastel PlazasTake a panoramic drive from Jerez to Cadiz, the oldest city in Western Europe. Walk from Caleta Beach to the Old Quarter en route to the Gardens of the Genoves. Witness the elegant, pastel-colored homes with Mirador windows, plazas decorated with palm trees, promenades, and a cathedral by the sea. See hundreds of city towers protruding from the cobbled streets, which have been flooded by the sparkling light for centuries. Here, the sea rarely out of view. PLAY: Greens & Dreams Enjoy a round on a beautifully designed 18-hole golf course with expansive fairways and generous greens. Explore the Andalusian ambience of the 1,800-square-meter clubhouse offering every comfort in this dream setting. Your round of golf includes green fees, buggy, and club rental.(B)|
|Day 7||Jerez||GAZE: Rock Out on the Barbary Coast. Visit the Rock of Gibraltar, one of Europe's most famous landmarks, on this discovery tour. Looming large between two seas and two continents, the towering 1,397-foot (426-meter) limestone promontory majestically reigns above the Iberian Peninsula. Join an expert Local Guide and visit breathtaking St. Michael's Cave; view ruins of the Moorish Castle, a reminder of the 700 years of Moorish rule; and stop for an up-close encounter with the colony of mischievous Barbary macaques. MOVE: Flamenco Like No One's Watching Put on your dancing shoes and castanets for a lesson in the expressive and passionate art of flamenco. Add in the rhythmic and percussive footwork of the Zapateado for a true Spanish dance experience. It is all about rhythm. Ole! TASTE: Pour & Pair A walking tour of the streets of Jerez features a stop at a famous local winery. Take in the city monuments, plazas, and architecture, including St. Miguel Quarter, and St. Miguel Church with sights of the Alcazar and the Cathedral. Learn how wine and sherry are produced here, and taste some of Spain's renowned wine and sherry paired with traditional tapas. (B)|
|Day 8||Lisbon||REGUENGOS DE MONSARAZ Free time to explore.LISBON Farewell dinner at the hotel. (B,D)|
|Day 9||Lisbon||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- Important Notes
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations ? Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include International airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) ? please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).